Madonna is an artifact in pop culture. She has influenced the world with her music since the 1980's. She pushed the limits with her lyrics, dancing, and style. Some of her top songs were "Like A Virgin", "Vogue", "Papa Don't Preach", "Like A Prayer", "Express Yourself", and "Human Nature." She also entered the movie industry with Evita, Who's That Girl, and A League of Their Own. SO many artists today consider Madonna one of their major influences. They use her example to pave their own way through this industry pushing their limits in ways to express themselves. Her influences will forever continue on along with her music.
Pop Culture to me is important because it influences a lot in our world today. I personally don't pay attention to everything that goes on with what's in. I tend to go with what I feel is in for me and what I like. Keeping up with what's going on in the world today is how businesses and people get ahead and stay in tuned to what's going on. It is a major way for people to introduce their ideas whether it is personal or business. Without it our world wouldn't be what it is today.Elizabeth

Popular trends are not apart of my everyday life. As I have gotten older I have fallen out of the loop. I now ask my children for advice on what is popular. lol
ReplyDeleteGreat Example of a popular culture icon. Madonna is someone who many people enjoy listening to. People of all ages have enjoyed her music. Not only do people enjoy listening to her music, other music icons aspire to be just like her. Many radio hosts often compare top songs to Madonna's number one hits. On many occasions Madonna went away from the norm with her music style and dress, by doing this she made a name for herself and is still popular today!
ReplyDeleteI think Madonna is a great example of a Pop Culture Icon for sure. There where not to many people in the 80's more popular than Madonna. She still to this day is pretty popular, and can sell out a concert in the drop of a hat.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone. I definitely loved Madonna growing up. I like seeing how her legacy continues to influence and inspire many artist starting out.
ReplyDelete